Downloadable 29 page guide – get the complete free guide to the new rules for casual employees, as well as five brand new template letters for employers to use with the new casual conversion provisions.
Federal Parliament has amended the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) in order to address the difficulties that have been created around casual employees by recent court decisions like WorkPac v Rossato. The new provisions will commence shortly, after the bill receives Royal Assent.
The shake-up ultimate aims to simplify awards in Australia, which are notoriously difficult to navigate. This particular rule change includes new or updated arrangements for casual workers that could leave them with stronger rights for ongoing employment, but limit an employers liability on paying pricy casual leave loadings as well as paying other benefits.
In this guide we set out the new rules that apply to casual employees and what actions employers need to take in response to the new rules.
This 29-page downloadable guide includes:
The following are the contents of the guide, which is in three parts.
Part 1: A summary of the key changes and recommended actions for employers
Part 2: A detailed guide to the new rules for casual employees, which covers the following:
- A person employed as a casual employee will stay casual unless converted
- New casual conversion provisions
- Conversion requirements for existing casual employees
- New provisions allowing casual loading to be offset against claims for permanent entitlements
- New Casual Employment Information Statement
Part 3: And lastly, five brand new template letters for employers to use with the new casual conversion provisions:
- Sample template letter notifying casual employee that employer has decided not to make an offer of conversion.
- Template letter offering a casual employee conversion to full-time or part-time employment
- Sample template letter to employee after they accept offer of conversion to full-time or part-time employment
- Template letter to employee refusing residual employee request for conversion to full-time or part-time employment
- Finally, a new template letter to employee accepting their request to convert to full-time or part-time employment